Monday, July 7, 2008

Who Is Yahweh?

Let's talk about 'Yahweh...LORD.'

As you well know, Ron tells us that '(all caps) LORD' means Yahweh. If you look at the Strong's number in your concordance for the word LORD, you will see it is H3068, which you can then look up in the Greek Hebrew Dictionary to see, it indeed, says Yahweh, spelled in Hebrew as; Yowd Hey Vav He (sounds like; yode hay vawv hay, and is read from right to left), and is defined as; self-Existent or Eternal.

Now let me ask you; what does that mean, to be self-existent? It means; having no beginning. It means not created. It means no beginning and no end. Any arguments?

Okay. Let's look at scriptures about 'Yahweh; the Self-Existent, Eternal.' Lets find out who this is. Is it the Father? Is it Jesus? Is it both the Father and the Son?

I have listed some here for your convenience, but you can find a lot more by looking '(all caps) LORD' up in your concordance and see how many times the word is used and where it is used.

************

Is. 26:4 Trust in the LORD (Yahweh, the self-existent, eternal) forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.
[Who is the Rock, Cornerstone? Jesus.]

Is. 26:21
See, the LORD is coming out of his dwelling to punish the people of the earth for their sins. The earth will disclose the blood shed upon her; she will conceal her slain no longer.
[Who comes to punish the people? Not the Father, but Jesus.]

Is. 27:12 In that day the LORD
(Yahweh, the self-existent, eternal) will thresh from the flowing Euphrates to the Wadi of Egypt, and you, O Israelites, will be gathered up one by one.

13 And in that day a great trumpet will sound. Those who were perishing in Assyria and those who were exiled in Egypt will come and worship the LORD on the holy mountain in Jerusalem.
[Who is it who comes to do the threshing? Jesus does. Who will be worshiped on the holy mountain in Jerusalem in that day when the great trumpet sounds? Jesus.]

Is. 29:6
the LORD Almighty will come
with thunder and earthquake and great noise, with windstorm and tempest and flames of a devouring fire.
[Again, Who comes? Not the Father. Jesus does, Yahweh.]

Ho.2:16 "In that day," declares the LORD (Yahweh, the self-existent, eternal), "you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master.' [This is Yahweh, an existing God (I say this because Ron says only the Father existed at this time), who is called 'master' & he is saying that the day is coming when he will be called 'husband.' Who is the husband? Jesus, Yahweh.]

18 In that day I will make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field and the birds of the air and the creatures that move along the ground. Bow and sword and battle I will abolish from the land, so that all may lie down in safety.

19 I will betroth you to me forever; I will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion. [Who is the groom? Who does the bride marry? Jesus, not the Father!]

20 I will betroth you in faithfulness, and you will acknowledge the LORD.


Ho. 13:4
"But I am the LORD (Yahweh, the self-existent, eternal) your God, who brought you out of Egypt. You shall acknowledge no God but me, no Savior except me. [Who is the Savior? Jesus is.]

5 I cared for you in the desert, in the land of burning heat. [So, this Yahweh, Jesus was with them in the desert, like 1Co. 10:4 says, yet Ron denies.]


Joel 2: 11 The LORD thunders at the head of his army; his forces are beyond number, and mighty are those who obey his command. The day of the LORD is great; it is dreadful. Who can endure it? [Who thunders at the head of his army? Jesus does.]

Joel 3:1 In those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,

2 I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will enter into judgment against them concerning my inheritance, my people Israel, for they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

...8 The LORD has spoken. [Who brings them to Jehoshaphat and enters into judgment against them? Jesus does, Yahweh. And in the following verse Jesus tells us who does the judging.]

Jn. 5:22 Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, [So, again, we see that Jesus does the judging and that the speaker is (Joel 3:8) Yahweh/Jesus.]

Jer. 23:5 "The days are coming," declares the LORD (Yahweh, the self-existent, eternal). [In this case, the Father], "when I will raise up to David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land.

6 In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. This is the name by which he will be called: The LORD (Yahweh, the self-existent, eternal) Our Righteousness.

[Who is the righteous branch? Jesus is. What will he be called? Yahweh Our righteousness. Which Yahweh? The Son.]

Jn. 20:17 Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father.
[Here, Jesus speaks of RETURNING.]

He. 1:2 ...his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. [Here we are told the Son made the universe.]

Re. 22:
12 "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. [Who is coming? Jesus is.]

13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. [Jesus says here, he is the Alpha & the Omega, the First & the Last. What does that mean to be the Alpha & the Omega?]

16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life. [Off subject but, interesting; the water of life is a free gift.]

Ps. 96:13 they will sing before the LORD (Yahweh, the self-existent, eternal), for he comes, he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in his truth. [Who judges? Jesus does. Who does this say comes? Yahweh, Jesus.]

Is. 48:12 "Listen to me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last. [The speaker identifies himself as the First and the Last, and then goes on to say;]

13 My own hand laid the foundations of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I summon them, they all stand up together. [Here, this speaker says he laid the foundations of the earth and spread out the heavens. Who is this speaker, aside from the creator and the First and the Last? He identifies himself further in the following verse;]

16 "Come near me and listen to this: "From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret; at the time it happens, I am there." And now the Sovereign LORD (Yahweh, the self-existent, eternal) [In this case, the Father] has sent me, with his Spirit. [He says the Sovereign Yahweh sent him, meaning; the Sovereign Yahweh sent the individual who laid the foundations of the earth, and spread out the heavens, the One who identified himself as the First and the Last.]


This is an unshakable case for Jesus also being Yahweh, and not just the Father.
It is true; Jesus is Self-Existent, Eternal. He did not have a beginning. He was not created. Remember the scripture I gave you in the previous post "Did Jesus Have A Beginning?"

Isaiah 43:10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, [Yahweh (H3068 Eternal, Self-Existent] "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. So.... If Jesus had a beginning... a God WAS formed!

Again, this is an unshakable case for Jesus also being Yahweh, and not just the Father. It is true; Jesus is Self-Existent, Eternal. He did not have a beginning. He was not created.

Do you believe your Bible? What are you afraid of?

No comments: