Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Anniversary

Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, I am free at last!

On August 23rd, 2008 I was set free from Armstrongism. This weekend will mark my first anniversary. 1 year!!

(John 8: 31-32, 36) 31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

I am free indeed!
The Newsboys "In the Hands of God" is sort of my new theme song.

It both feels like a lifetime ago, and a week ago.
I'm still recovering. Still got a ways to go. But I'm on my way. I'm a free man.

I feel a little like the blind man that Jesus healed at the Pool of Siloam (which means "sent"). Read the whole of John 9.
From as early as I can remember (as best as I can tell I was 5 years old) my father taught me Armstrongist principles. My eyes were blind. Last year, I washed in the water of the One who was sent. My eyes were opened, and I received sight. I have been questioned and opposed by some of my former peers. Most won't listen because they are too convinced that they need no one to teach them. I was not put out, but I had to leave all the same. At first I had trouble recognizing Christ. But He searched for me until He found me.

(JOHN 9: 38) Then he said, “Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him.

Lord, I believe!! And I worship Him! He is amazing! Worthy is the Lamb!

(REV. 5: 11-13) 11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice: “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom, and strength and honor and glory and blessing!”
13 And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: “Blessing and honor and glory and power be to Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, forever and ever!”

Take a second or two with me to worship Him for the wonders He has done, won't you?


"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known."
-Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities


************

It is important that you understand; Everything on this blog is based on the current understanding of each author. Never take anyone's word for it, always prove it for yourself, it is your responsibility. You cannot ride someone else's coattail into the Kingdom.

Acts 17:11

************

8 comments:

angel said...

Congratulations!

It's not easy breaking away from a cult, just shows you how powerful God is, that He can bring you out of Egypt and into the Promised Land!

xHWA said...

Thanks angel!!!!

God bless!!

Seeker Of Truth said...

Congrats my good friend!
There is true joy in the freedom that is in Christ Jesus!

Unknown said...

Hallelujah! I offer you Mom's favorite Bible quote:

"And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest." --Rev. 15:3-4

Happy Birthday in Christ, brother!

Mike (Don't Drink the Flavor Aid) said...

xHWA:

Congratulations on your escape from not one, but two false prophets.

redfox712 said...

Congratulations!
I am very happy for you.

xHWA said...

THANKS Seeker, Moriah, Mike, and RedFox!!

It's a difficult road to walk, but it sure is a lot easier with friends who care about ya!
I appreciate it deeply. :-D

jack635 said...

A whole year of freedom!
Happy are those who are in Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God.

"Be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world."